Honey has been gaining popularity as people are looking for a more natural and sustainable way to sweeten their foods. Honey has been around for thousands of years and was used by the ancient Greeks and Romans as a favorite ingredient. Notably, honey was reserved only for royals and was used by commoners to pay their taxes. With an illustrious history like this, how can we not love this food that never spoils and never needs refrigeration.
Red Bee Honey has resolved that 2011 is the year of honey. Here are a few tips to include honey as part of your own New Year resolution.
· Throw out that plastic squeeze honey bear from your grocer – get yourself some luscious, pure honey.
· Try something new – there are hundreds of varietials of U.S. harvested honeys each from a different nectar source. Buckwheat, Blueberry, Alfalfa, Apple & Pumpkin Blossom are just a few of our current favorites.
· Taste honey like they do in Tuscany. Pour some into your finest wine glass. Admire the color aroma and, of course, the taste. La vita è troppo breve per non mangiare bene! (Life is too short not to eat well.)
· Pair honey with cheeses to experience something totally new. For example, blueberry pairs nicely with a triple crème brie or a buckwheat enhances a strong cheese like stilton. There is no right or wrong- it’s your personal preference!
· Invite your friends over for a honey tasting party. No cooking involved, just serve a few different varietals of honey, artisan cheeses, crackers or breads and serve with your favorite beverages-try champagne and wine. The possibilities are endless. Any of these ideas will guarantee you a sweet New Year.
For more recipes and information about Honey and Red Bee Products visit us at www.redbee.com.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Posted by Red Bee at 10:01 PM